Start the session with a moment of quiet reflection..
Note down anything you remember or wonder about:
- How our lives are enriched by books.
- The wonder of books and how they take a person beyond themselves.
- The presence of God in the words of Scripture.
- The Bible was inspired by the Holy Spirit.
- The Bible tells of God’s love for his People.
- The care and reverence with which the Word of God is treated.
- Some of the books of the Bible and their genres.
- How to find a reference.
- The different parts of the Bible; the Old Testament, Hebrew Scriptures, Gospels, Acts, Letters and Revelation.
- What the Bible means to the Christian.
What have you understood and enjoyed from this topic? Create a mindmap.
After a time of quiet reflection and prayer:
- Choose a favourite quote from scripture. Design a bookmark to illustrate it/colour it in.