Hello Year 1,
I hope you have all had a lovely weekend and are eager and ready for a new week of home learning.
Thank you so much to everyone who is tweeting and blogging. It is lovely to hear from you.
School twitter: @TeresaCatholic My twitter: @mrsburrows21
If you have not posted on the blog or tweeted, please give it a go this week as I would love to hear from you all.
This week I would also like you to email or blog your favourite piece of work that you have done at home. I would love to see it. School’s email address is email@example.com
Remember to log in to Bug Club and Education City. I have been checking and some children are reading books on Bug Club but not answering the questions. Remember to click on the bugs as you go along.
If you are experiencing any problems please leave me a message at school and I will be in touch.
Have a good week.
Mrs Burrows x
This week’s activities are:
Watch RWI speed sound sessions
RWI Phonics lessons at home
Free Read Write Inc. Phonics lessons on Facebook and YouTube for children to watch at home; three short Speed Sound lessons every day.
- Set 1 Speed Sounds at 9.30 am (Mrs Wright's and Mrs Atherton's RWI groups)
- Set 2 Speed Sounds at 10.00 am (Mrs Kubiak’s RWI group)
- Set 3 Speed Sounds at 10.30 am (Mrs Burrows’ and Miss Perry's and Mrs Hewitt’s)
Recap the sound from the phonics at home booklet, write five words with the sound into your books. Can you put some of these words into a sentence?
Play a phonic game on Education City.
- Please READ a book each day - Using home readers, Bug Club, Oxford Owl or your own books.
- Complete a read and respond activity for a book that you have read this week (Link below).
- Complete ‘Rex Retrieves’ activity pack. Can you spot the things in the picture just like Rex?(See below)
- Play on Teach My Monster to read
- Listen to a story
Last week Oak National Academy was launched. Backed by the Government, it has been created in response to the lockdown. It is a new collection of high-quality lessons and online resources.
I would like you to complete the five English lessons about Instructions. (Link below, please click on picture)
- Sam's Sandwich - In this lesson, we will be listening to the story of Sam's Sandwich before answering questions on it.
- Instructions: to commit a set of instructions to memory - In this lesson, you will be hearing a recipe to make a disgusting sandwich. We will then be drawing the different parts of these instructions, ready to write them later in the week.
- Instructions: to use the conjuction 'and' - In this lesson, we will be learning about the conjunction 'and'. We will be learning how to use to it to join two simple sentences together.
- Instructions: to write a set of instructions - In this lesson, we will begin to write a set of instructions. We are going to write a list of the ingredients first and then write the first two instructions.
- Instructions : to continue to write a set of instructions - In this last lesson, we are finishing our writing of our disgusting sandwich recipe from yesterday. We are going to be writing the last 4 steps in our instructions before checking that we have used full stops and capital letters.
In maths, I would like you to continue using the White Rose Daily lessons. This week we are learning about fractions.
There are five lessons to complete over the week
- Find a half
- Find a quarter (1)
- Find a quarter (2)
- Problem solving
- Maths challenge
There is a short clip on each lesson and an activity to complete. (Link below, please click on picture)
Play maths games on Education City
Remember for any extra maths activities, play some games through top marks website or watch some Jack Hartman maths videos on YouTube.
Come and See (RE)
NEW TOPIC Holidays and Holy Days
Look at pictures of people on holiday or your own holiday pictures. Talk about holiday experiences. Sometimes holidays are taken at home, but we may do something different.
SOME KEY QUESTIONS
Q Why are holidays different from ordinary days?
Q What do you like to do in the holidays?
Q Do you stay at home, visit relations or go away?
Q Who goes with you?
Q What do you take?
Q If you have to travel, what means of travel do you use?
Q What do you like to do on holiday?
Q What makes it a happy time?
Can you cut out/draw things you would need to take with you for a holiday?
Can you make a list of things you like to do in holiday time?
The Oak academy has some fantastic foundation lessons prepared for this week. (Link Below, please click on picture)
- Geography: What is a continent? In this lesson we are going to be learning about the seven continents. We are going to learn what a Geographer is and how important they are. We will be looking at the seven continents, comparing their size and location on our planet. We will then be learning all about what the equator is.
- Science: What do we know about the weather? In this lesson we are going to be learning about the four seasons and the weather. We are going to learn what a scientist is and how important they are. We are going to complete an observation of the weather outside of our windows and compare this to the four seasons. Lastly, we will be identifying the different weather in the four seasons.
- Geography: What is Europe like? In this lesson we are going to be virtually flying all across Europe, learning more about this wonderful continent. We will be learning all about how many people live in Europe, what food you can eat if you visit and what places you would see.
- Creative: To investigate the colours. In this lesson we are going to be creating a piece of work inspired by an artist called Andy Goldsworthy. We are going to be using items from nature, these can be from a local park or your garden. This lesson requires you to collect petals, leaves, sticks and other items to make a colourful picture. Or you can get extra creative and use colourful items from your home, like toys, fruit or clothes.
Have a go at some of the activities and sing along! (Click on Picture)
Join in with Song of the Week on Sing Up. With weekly teaching and other super songs and resources. (Click on picture)
More work I hear you say...
Here is the link for BBC Bitesize website. Each day there will be a maths, an English and a foundation subject activity for you to have a go at if you wish.