I hope you all had a lovely weekend and are now ready for another week of home learning. It makes me so happy to see your blogs and tweets and look forward to reading these each day...they really do put a smile on my face. If you haven't tried this yet, please have a go this week and let me know what you have been getting up to at home. I hope you are all still working hard for your parents and making them proud. I'm missing you all lots and hopefully will see you soon.
Take care and stay safe.
Love Mrs Wright xx
As the sounds taught in each session are now being repeated I have altered which Speed Sound session I would like each group to watch. Click on the link above.
Set 1 Speed Sounds at 9.30 am (Mrs Atherton's RWI groups)
Set 2 Speed Sounds at 10.00 am ( Mrs Wright's and Mrs Kubiak's RWI group)
Set 3 Speed Sounds at 10.30 am ( Mrs Burrows' RWI group)
Films are shown at the times above and will be available for 24 hours.
If you haven't had a look at the resources on the Oxford Owl website, try and have a look this week, there are some lovely books which will be well matched to your child's reading level. Follow the link below to access the RWI books matched to child's group.
Sound blending books - Mrs Wright's group
Red Ditty books - Mrs Kubiak's group
Green books - Mrs Burrows' group
* Write a list of the food the 'Hungry Caterpillar' ate.
* Write the days of the week. Think about what you do on each of these days...pre lockdown!
* Plan a party to celebrate VE day. What games will you play? What food will you eat? What decorations will you make? What music will you play?
* Make an invitation and invite one of your teddies to your VE Day Party.
* Research Captain Tom Moore. Make a poster/draw or paint a portrait of him. Write a sentence or two telling me what you have found out about him.
* Oak National Academy sessions, click on the links below and complete the following five Maths sessions over the week:
* I have also added the White Rose Maths sessions for those of you who enjoyed the activities last week. This weeks focus is The Hungry Caterpillar, which is the book we are looking at in our reading and writing activities.
* Play Maths Games on Education City. I have added some new games but please feel free to search other games on the site.
* Watch Jack Hartman on youtube - Number bonds to 10
* Watch Numberblocks on cbeebies
Understanding the world and Creative
As we are approaching VE Day I thought I would include some work to prepare for your own celebration on Friday.
* Watch the PowerPoint to find out about WW2 and why we celebrate VE Day.
* Make a poster/draw or paint a portrait of Captain Tom Moore.
* Design a street party invitation.
*Make some decorations, bunting or a party hat.
*Bake something for the VE day party.
(See other activities in our writing section)
Don't forget to send us photograph of your 'stay at home' VE Day Parties.
Understanding the World and Creative Cont...
* Watch the PowerPoint about the Lifecycle of a butterfly.
* Draw out the lifecycle and label each part in your home learning book.
* Paint a picture of a butterfly. Can you make both sides the same? This is called symmetry!
* Learn the song 'There's a tiny Caterpillar on a leaf'
* During your daily walk or play in the garden see if you can spot any caterpillars or butterflies.
Come and See (RE)
* Read and talk about the story of Pentecost from the Bible (See PowerPoint below) – talk about how the apostles were sharing good news.
* Talk about good news you have shared.
* Think about how we share good news, make a list of these things or collect items of good news. For example...
Now think about the story and try and answer these questions...
How did the friends of Jesus feel after he went back to his Father?
Have you ever felt like that? When?
What did the friends of Jesus do?
What happened on Pentecost day?
How did the friends of Jesus feel?
What did the friends of Jesus do after the coming of the Holy Spirit?
Take a look at the sing up website. The song of the week all about different families really does lift the spirits. Why don't you film yourselves singing along.
I hope you enjoy all your activities this week and work hard. I'm already looking forward to seeing your photographs and work on twitter and our school blog.
Keep smiling and be happy.
Love Mrs W xx