I hope you all had a lovely Easter, spending time with your families, enjoying a nice rest and of course eating lots of yummy chocolate eggs...I know I did!
It was lovely chatting to some of you a couple of weeks ago and hearing all about your home learning, you certainly cheered me up and put a smile on my face. I will call those of you I missed this week and hope to catch up with you then.
I can't believe you are all ready to start your last term in Reception...my how you've grown! I'm sad that we can't be back together and missing you all lots but I know you will start this term with the eagerness to learn you always have and continue to make everyone proud.
Remember to use the school blog and twitter to let me know what you are up to.
Take care and stay safe. Hope to see you all soon
Mrs Wright x
School twitter: @TeresaCatholic
My twitter: @MrsWschool
This week I would like you to complete the following daily activities...
Set 1 Speed Sounds at 9.30 am (Mrs Wright's, Mrs Kubiak's and Mrs Atherton's RWI groups)
Set 2 Speed Sounds at 10.00 am ( Mrs Burrows' RWI group)
Set 3 Speed Sounds at 10.30 am
Films are shown at the times above and will be available for 24 hours.
Sound blending books - Mrs Wright's group
Red Ditty books - Mrs Kubiak's group
Green books - Mrs Burrows' group
* Draw a picture of your favourite farm animal, label the animal and write a sentence (or two) about it.
* Write a shopping list to plan for the weekly shop, think about the fruit kebab you may want to make this week.
* Write instructions for your fruit kebab, maybe we could make some of these when we go back to school.
* Re tell the story 'Where, O Where is Rosie's Chick', you might want to draw a story map.
* Write a list of all your caterpillar words, how many can you write down in one minute? See if you can write more each time you have a go!
* Take part in the daily EYFS lesson from White Rose
* Practice counting up to 20. This can be done through playing hide and seek, singing number songs, chanting, board games etc.
* Play one of the number games on Education City.
* Think about all the different ways you can make 10, just like we do in our number books in school. Record all the ways you find and send me a picture.
Creative/Understanding the world activities:
This week in school we would normally be learning about Farms. I have tried my best to suggest activities that are similar to those that we would be doing in school.
• Talk about how Christians celebrate new life at Easter because God his Father gave Jesus new life and he rose from the dead. Talk about how there are lots of examples of new life on farms in Spring, both with the plants and animals.
• Read ‘Where, O Where Is Rosie’s Chick?’ – Youtube clip below
• Read information books about farm animals– talk about the similarities and differences between stories and information books
• Talk about germs and the importance of hygiene – hand washing and food preparation
• Make a fruit kebab or fruit salad with a group of favourite fruits; Write simple instructions about how to make it
• Talk about staying healthy – why we are encouraged to eat 5 fruit and veg a day
• Discuss farm animals and their young – play matching games (Twinkl link below)
• Paint pictures/ make playdough models of farmyard animals.
• Play a board game - Play a game together. Talk about taking it in turns and playing fairly.
Why not learn and join in with some of these songs, they will bring a smile to everyone who hears them.