important material library mention position strength various reign
1. Do ‘look/say/cover/write/check’ to practise each word.
2. Note your mistakes and re – write. You could use coloured writing, pyramid writing and other strategies you have learned to help you.
3. Write each word in a different sentence. Make your sentences as interesting as you can.
4. Avoid starting each sentence in the same way.
Wow, some of your descriptions of your island last week were fantastic.. I feel like I have visited your islands because you described them in so much detail - well done!
Click on the link below to begin this week's tasks.
Come and See
LEARNING FOCUS 4: Penitential Rite 1 and 2.
There are two different ways of celebrating the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Rite 1 and Rite 2.
In Rite 1, individuals will make their Confession to the priest. Before they do that, they will have prayed and thought carefully about their life, have contrition and want to make a new start. They will tell the priest their sins and listen carefully to his advice.
Sometimes Rite 2 of the Sacrament of Reconciliation is used. This often happens in Advent and Lent when people gather together to prepare for the feasts of Christmas or Easter. In Rite 2, a number of people come together for the Sacrament of Reconciliation, often with a few priests who have come from neighbouring parishes. There is a service of prayers and readings, which help people to prepare. They are then invited to make a personal confession to one of the priests available. Sometimes schools will have a Penitential Service with the opportunity for confession, Rite 2. Whatever a person talks to the priest about is in absolute confidence. They can feel that they are talking to God alone. When the confessions are finished, the priest invites everyone to thank and praise God for his mercy and forgiveness.
SOME KEY QUESTIONS
1. Have you ever celebrated the Sacrament of Reconciliation?
2. How did you prepare for the Sacrament of Reconciliation?
3. Why do you think it is helpful to go to the Sacrament of Reconciliation?
4. What is hard about it and what is good?
5. Why do you think people would come together to celebrate Rite 2?
Consider Rites 1 and 2 of the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Make a list of the differences and similarities between them.