Hello again everyone,
I can't believe we're at the start of another week of home learning, I like to think of it as, a week closer to being back in school together.
It was lovely to catch up with most of you on the telephone last week and hear all about the activities you are doing at home, it sounds like your parents are being wonderful teachers. Thank you to you all for your continued hard work and support.
I really enjoy seeing all your posts on our school blog and twitter pages and look forward to seeing your smiley faces every day. If you have not already uploaded any photos please try and do this, this week. If you have any problems give me a call at school, I am available in school on Tuesday and Wednesday this week.
As always...take care, stay safe and keep smiling.
Love Mrs Wright x
This week I would like you to complete the following daily activities...
As the sounds taught in each session are now being repeated I have altered which Speed Sound session I would like each group to watch. Click on the link above.
Set 1 Speed Sounds at 9.30 am (Mrs Atherton's RWI groups)
Set 2 Speed Sounds at 10.00 am ( Mrs Wright's and Mrs Kubiak's RWI group)
Set 3 Speed Sounds at 10.30 am ( Mrs Burrows' RWI group)
Films are shown at the times above and will be available for 24 hours.
Sound blending books - Mrs Wright's group
Red Ditty books - Mrs Kubiak's group
Green books - Mrs Burrows' group
* Write a sentence for our school blog or Twitter page, tell us about your favourite activity/activities you have completed at home.
* Think about a person in your family who is a hero/heroine. Write a sentence (or two) to explain why they are a hero/heroine.
* Re tell the Story of The Enormous Turnip.
* Write a list of ingredients you would need to make vegetable soup.
* Write instructions for making vegetable soup.
* Oak National Academy sessions, click on the links below and complete the following five Maths sessions over the week:
* I have also added the White Rose Maths sessions for those of you who enjoyed the activities last week.
* Play Maths Games on Education City. I have added some new games but please feel free to search other games on the site.
Creative/Understanding the World activities
This week in school we would normally be learning more about Farms.
● Read ‘The Enormous Turnip’ – there are many versions online if you don’t have the book. Link above in the Reading Section.
● Make a graph of the family’s favourite vegetables
● Talk about which vegetables are grown on a farm, and which vegetables come from other countries – find the places on a world map
● What do plants need to grow?
● Make a vegetable soup – write simple instructions
● Paint pictures of different vegetables
● Talk together about good news – how everyone has good news from time to time: make a collection of items of good news i.e. letters, cards, emails, photographs, certificates etc. which recall good news for different members of your family.
I hope you enjoy taking part in this weeks activities and I look forward to seeing your blog posts or Tweets sharing your amazing work.
Love Mrs Wright x